The Year of Basics

As we're almost welcoming October I recently started reflecting on how much my wardrobe has changed throughout this year. It's safe to say that basics are definitely trending and are here to stay! I'm sure a lot of my female readers, like me, have been obsessed with the classic Zara bodysuits, you know which one I'm talking about, right ladies? The one that we see all over our Instagram and Pinterest feeds.
My most recent purchase is this pale blue shade, which isn't a color I normally go for but fashion is all about experimenting they say.

This look is what I envision myself wearing if I was visiting another island in the Caribbean: casual and fun. I've been very into hats lately and this one particularly is one of my faves.
#ProFashionTip: when shopping for hats be sure to try them on to see if they are "wind-friendly" and not too lightweight.  As much as I love this pom pom hat, it is too lightweight and is a big no-no a windy day. 

For some time now I have been adding tons of basics to my wardrobe because they are so versatile and go with practically anything in your closet. Basics are also super easy to style no matter what the occasion, dress them up with statement jewelry and accessories or dress them down with sandals, hats or your favorite sneaker. 

What are your thoughts on basics and the Zara bodysuits? Are you a fan or hard pass? 
Stay tuned as I will share how to dress up another Zara bodysuit in my next post. 

Xo


Bodysuit: Zara | Denim Shorts: Forever21 | Hat: Nordstrom (old) | Shoes: Zara | Accessories: Moxie | Bag: Moxie (old)
 

Comments

Popular Posts